Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DUI Sentence - What can I bring in

Well, I have been sentenced to serve 10 days in tent city for an extreme DUI. This was actually a plea bargin from 30 days. Plus I lost my license for 30 days, then work driving only for 60 days, then a year with a breathalyzer in my car. Plus who knows how much AAA counseling. I'm starting this blog to document my experience and help others know what they are getting into. First I needed to know what I can take into tent city. This is impossible to find on line and when you call the numbers it is very difficult to find anyone who can tell you. What I have found is as follows:
OK to take in:
Towel - you will need it as a pillow
Reading glasses
Paperback Book
Plastic (no metal) battery operated alarm clock and Flashlight - C batteries or less
Wristwatch
Jacket with no Hood
Whatever shoes and clothes you are wearing
$40 cash max in quarters, $1 and $5's for the vending machines

Can not take in:
Sunglasses
Hat
Chapstick
or anything else.

I head in Monday and will update you on Wed with what I find out. Should be an interesting experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was hoping that there would be an update on this. I have a friend that is going in next week and would like to know what to expect.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was pretty thorough on everything. Anything specific you want to know?