Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm finally free

They 'kicked me out' (jail talk for let me go) last night around 12 midnight and transported me to the Lower Buckeye jail, where I sat in a freezing cold cell until they finished processing me let me go at 5:45 this AM. Luckily this was one day earlier that I expected, so it was a welcome surprise. I had to walk about 1 1/2 miles back to tent city to get my car, I gave another lady a ride home so I didn't have to do the walk in the dark my myself. If I never see that part of town again, it will be tooo soon.

Tent city is dirty, in that there is no grass so you are walking in the dirt. They have made a half hearted effort to spread gravel around but there is still a lot of dirt. There a ants everywhere, the little bitey kind so you have to be careful where you step and they come up in the tent. Some of the DO's (Detention Officers) are nice, but most have a chip on their shoulder or at least act like they do and want to make sure you remember that you are a 'criminal'.

The main thing to keep in mind it there is NO FIRST CHANCE with a DUI. The first time you get one, you will go to jail. Depending on how high your blood level is, will dictate the time. The min is 10 days. There were lots of people in there with 15 to 60 days for first time DUI’s so don’t take a chance and have even one drink and drive!!!!

I'll update with more details later, I'm going to take a bath and a nap.

No comments: